Friday 17 July 2009

Number 18 - Woof!

On receiving a text saying 'Fancy number 18 with me?' Most sane people would reply 'yes please with egg fried rice' (Or potentially 'not if it's the elephant position')

However as this message came from one of my dearest friends, Sarah, I felt quite confident replying 'yes please' before rushing off to my computer to find out what I might have just agreed to! And number 18 was a breath of fresh air (literally) when in the midst of a very stressful week, Sarah turned up on my doorstep with Toots!


We passed a very happy hour and a half, taking a turn around South park Gardens in the sunshine and putting the world to rights.
Toots was impeccably behaved apart from chasing the odd pigeon, climbing the gardeners ladder, and this...



















Luckily (?) Sarah had some tissues as I had prepared for the walk by erm......er..... well....bringing a can of diet coke along. Cue much girlie squealing and threats to 'wet ourselves' as we giggled and retched our way through Dog Walking 101 - picking up the poo! The best bit, sorry Toots, was definitely spending some child free time with Sarah and talking without punctuating every sentence with 'Don't scoot across the road' or 'Well you had your book bag when we left the house.'

Thanks to Sarah and Sam and Toots for a sunny, smiley, chatty, cathartic tick.

2 comments:

Janie said...

Did you not think to take some placcy bags?!!
I would sooooo love to have seen you clear up the poo!!
And you must have chosen the one day this week that it didn't rain. Glad it was fun x

Judes said...

No of course I didn't think about bags, this is me!!!!


It was fun but dog poo smells....really bad!