Friday 4 September 2009

From Dusk to dawn - Numbers 2 and 35


If you have seen or spoken to me in the last few weeks you will know that I loved the 80s rewind festival in a mad, evangelical, born-again kind of way.
Shall I tell thee why I loved thee, let me count the ways;
The tent smelt like PGL and opened a floodgate to a million memories of a summer that ever seemed to end.
Arden and I fell in love with each other all over again.
It felt truly privileged to spend so much time having fun with one of my children.
The setting - on the banks of the Thames opposite Temple Island.
The weather - absolutely gorgeous days, freezing cold nights.
The wooden spoons from The Comfy Crappers
Toyah, Bananarama, Nik Kershaw,Rick Astley, Billy Ocean, Heaven 17 etc etc etc
'Nuff said?

My camera mysteriously 'disappeared' but the memories will last a lifetime. The freezing cold, cloudless night opened up te heavens and we truly slept under the stars.


We watched the sunrise over the river Thames, the mist hovering over the surface of the water (Oh the joys of camping with a 6 yr old who wakes in time for me to see the sunrise....YAY me!)

No comments: