Friday 9 October 2009

Number 27 - paving my way to heaven

I have done some minor one off good deeds this year;
volunteering to cover Rachel's playtime duty
Volunteering to hear readers in Arden's year 1 class
volunteering to change nappies when it is technically not my turn :-)
volunteering to deal when I'm knocked out of poker tournaments

But these are just being 'nice', and I have received many equal and greater kindnesses in return. Volunteering in my mind should be something that goes beyond this. It is about doing something for no other purpose than for the greater good and technically should benefit someone that I don't know.

So, I have made an appointment to give blood, on Monday afternoon. This is something I have never done, for no good reason!

I've volunteered, will I be accepted? Watch this space.

No comments: